Feb 27, 2015 10:07 PM EST
Leonard Nimoy, the man who earned a global following for his portrayal of the always logical Vulcan, Spock, onboard the Starship Enterprise in the television and movie series "Star Trek," passed away Friday morning at the age of 83. According to his wife, Susan Bay Nimoy, his death was the result of end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Nimoy left an endearing impression playing the emotionless Spock, and though his character would never reciprocate any feelings, he was loved and adored by fans across the world. As we mourn his passing, we must also honor his legacy and celebrate his life and his contribution to film, television and theater. To that end, here are five perfect moments of Nimoy as Spock that show us all how fascinating this man truly was.
Not to be outdone by his most well known character, Nimoy has been known to leave us with some of the most memorable quotes that will stand the test of time.
1. "I'm touched by the idea that when we do things that are useful and helpful -- collecting these shards of spirituality -- that we may be helping to bring about a healing."
2. "You know, for a long time I have been of the opinion that artists don't necessarily know what they're doing. You don't necessarily know what kind of universal concept you're tapping into."
3. "I think it's my adventure, my trip, my journey, and I guess my attitude is, let the chips fall where they may."
4. "I am not Spock. But given the choice, if I had to be someone else, I would be Spock. If someone said, 'You can have the choice of being any other TV character ever played,' I would choose Spock. I like him. I admire him. I respect him."
5. "Spock is definitely one of my best friends. When I put on those ears, it's not like just another day. When I become Spock, that day becomes something special."
Truly this great man will be missed by many Trekkies and non-Trekkies alike. Farewell, Mr. Nimoy, and may your journey to the Final Frontier take you places that no one has gone before.
2. 03:06 PM
Regular Exercising Improves the Quality of Your Sleep In More Ways Than You Think
4. 08:55 AM
WHO removes transgenders in the list of 'mental disorder'
3. 08:16 AM
UK Government to Double the Fund for Electric Car Charging Stations on Residential Areas
4. Aug 18, 2019
The Scaravoid Project: Curry Powder is the Secret Ingredient to Faster Wound Healing