2. What is Personally Identifiable Information: "Personally identifiable information" is information that we can use to identify you as an individual. Personally identifiable information includes your name, address, telephone number and any other information that is connected with your identity.
Information We Collect
1. Non-Registered Users: Certain content and tools on the ScienceTimes.com web site, such as news articles, pictures, graphics, stock quotes, are available to all users without registration. The Science Times Company does not collect any personally identifiable information from you when you visit these areas of the ScienceTimes.com web site.
2. Registered Users: In order to access some of the more specialized features of the ScienceTimes.com web site, such as the the Science Times Daily Newsletter, the Science Times User Area, the Science Times Adcubes and the Science Times Adcubes2, you must be a registered sciencetimes.com web site user. When you register with sciencetimes.com, we collect personally identifiable information from you that may include your name, email address, city, state and zip code, as well as other information, such as your gender, age, occupation, personal interests and similar information.
In addition, when you use certain specialized features offered to registered sciencetimes.com web site users, sciencetimes.com may collect additional information about you, such as credit card information, stock and fund information, financial information, employment information and other personally identifiable information.
3. Editorial Contributions, Promotions and Surveys: Contributions, surveys and other promotions may be offered on the sciencetimes.com web site. In conjunction with such contribution requests or surveys, we may ask sciencetimes.com participants for personally identifiable information related to the topic of the survey, entry in the promotion, prize notification or fulfillment.
4. Web Site Usage Information: The Science Times Company automatically collects IP addresses and web site usage information from you when you visit the sciencetimes.com web site. This information helps us evaluate how our users navigate and use our web site.
Use of Information
The Science Times Company uses personally identifiable information collected from you for the following general purposes:
- to fulfill your requests for specific products and services;- to customize the advertising and content you see;- to improve the design and content of our site; - to contact you about special offers, products or services that may be of interest to you; - to enter you in editorial contributions or promotions at your specific request;- to provide you with customer service.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
The Science Times Company will not sell, share or otherwise disclose any personally identifiable information about our current or former web site users to third party companies or individuals, except as permitted or required by law.
The Science Times Company may share or disclose personally identifiable information about you to other companies or individuals when:
Aggregate information is information that we (or third party service providers on our behalf) collect about sciencetimes.com web site users on an anonymous basis. We may share aggregate demographic and usage information with our prospective and actual business partners, advertisers and other third parties.
"Cookies" (which may be html files, Flash files or other technology) are text files that help store user preferences and activity. "Web beacons" (also known as image tags, gif or web bugs) are small pieces of code used to collect advertising data, such as counting page views, promotion views or advertising responses. The Site and/or third parties may use "cookies", "web beacons" and other similar tracking technologies (collectively, "Tracking Technologies") to collect Other Information automatically as you browse the Site and the web.
We use Tracking Technologies to help tailor our content, allow users to move between associated sites without logging into each site, understand Site and internet usage, improve or customize the content, offerings or advertisements on this Site, personalize your experience on this Site (for example, to recognize you by name when you return to the Site), understand your interactions with email messages (such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded), save your password in password-protected areas, save your online game or video player settings, enable you to use shopping carts on the Site, help us offer you products, programs or services that may be of interest to you, deliver relevant advertising, maintain and administer the Site and for other purposes described in the "Use of Information", "Other Information Collected by Us" section below. These Tracking Technologies collect "click stream" data and additional Other Information regarding your visits to the Site, such as your visits to the Site's webpages, use of our features, and purchasing history or preferences and may also collect your IP address or some other identifier unique to the Device you use to access the Site ("Identifier"). An Identifier is automatically assigned to any Device you use to access the Site. Your Personal Information is not collected as part of this process but we may associate Other Information collected by Tracking Technologies with Personal Information.
By visiting the Site, whether as a registered user or otherwise, you acknowledge, understand and hereby agree that you are giving us your consent to track your activities and your use of the Site through these Tracking Technologies and that we may use Tracking Technologies in the emails we send to you.
This Site may additionally use a variety of third party advertising networks, data exchanges, traffic measurement service providers, marketing analytics service providers and other third parties (collectively, "Third Party Advertising Service Providers") to, for example, serve advertisements on the Site, facilitate targeting of advertisements and/or measure and analyze advertising effectiveness and/or traffic on the Site ("Targeting Services"). These Third Party Advertising Service Providers may enable us to display advertisements based on your visits to the Site and other websites you have visited. Targeting Services enable us to, among other things, help deliver advertisements or other content to you for products and services that you might be interested in, to prevent you from seeing the same advertisements too many times and to conduct research regarding the usefulness of certain advertisements to you.
These Third Party Advertising Service Providers do not have access to Tracking Technologies set by the Site except to the extent necessary to provide services to the Site. The Third Party Advertising Service Providers, as well as Advertisers, may themselves set and access their own Tracking Technologies on your Device if you choose to have Tracking Technologies enabled in your browser (or, for Flash cookies, if you have not removed them) and/or they may otherwise have access to Other Information about you.
If you would like more information about the information collection practices of a particular third-party advertising service provider, or if you would like more information on how to opt out of a third-party advertising service provider’s information collection practices, go to http://www.aboutads.info, or for apps, at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
Additionally, some of our third-party advertising service providers are members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI"). You can obtain more information about these third-party advertising service providers' information collection practices, and opt out of such practices (and at the same time opt out of the collection practices of other, or all, NAI members) by following the opt out instructions on the NAI's website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Your sciencetimes.com registration information is password-protected for your privacy and security. The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We maintain (directly and through our agents) physical, electronic and procedural security safeguards to protect your personally identifiable information.
Review and Correction
The Science Times Company offers registered users the online ability to correct or update information that we have collected during the registration process. This can be done by visiting your account.
Due to the financial nature of our business, our web site is not designed to appeal to children under the age of 13. The Science Times Company does not knowingly solicit any information from children nor do we knowingly market or otherwise target the sciencetimes.com web site or its products or services to children. If you are under the age of 13, please do not attempt to use or register on our web site.
Transfer to U.S.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that the information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By registering with sciencetimes.com, you consent to this transfer.
The Science Times Company may change this policy from time to time.
This policy was last updated on October 10, 2013