May 12, 2017 02:47 PM EDT
iPhone is the most in-demand and famous product from the Apple company. And it is not surprising that it tops the list of world's most popular smartphone just last quarter against other android phones in the market today. What separate the Cupertino-based company's devices from other smartphone manufacturers out there?
iPhone is a line of smartphone that was designed and developed by Apple Inc. The first generation of it was launched on 2007 and it is now in its seventh generation with the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Boost with a superb design and features, many believed that it elevated the competition between the smartphone maker companies.
And for the past years, iPhone has been a household name in the consumer product industry. It apparently also made Apple the top multinational tech company nowadays. And now, the said product line once again got another accolade as per the latest research data.
According to Mac Rumors, iPhone remains the world's most popular smartphone last quarter according to Strategy Analytics research firm. Result points to iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus as the two most famous models for the iPhone product line. iPhone 7 shipped an estimated 21.5 million units while iPhone 7 Plus shipped 17.4 million units taking the first and second spot in the list.
Third on the list was OPPO R9s smartphones with an 8.9 million shipment while Samsung's mid-range handset Galaxy J3 and J5 placed fourth and fifth in the list approximately shipping 6.1 million and 5 million units respectively. And an accumulated 294.4 million smartphone shipments comprises the other brands last quarter.
BGR further added that percentage wise iPhone 7 got the top spot with a 6.1 percent share worldwide while iPhone 7 Plus have 4.9 percent share. With that, both iPhone devices gathered a combined 11% for all total smartphone sold in the first quarter of 2017 despite feedbacks that it was a dull upgrade for the product line.
Also, Apple just recently announced that it sold around 50.7 million iPhone units in its entire model. However, the giant tech company never gave any breakdowns on specific model devices. Last year, iPhone was already named as the world's most popular smartphone according to research firm IHS Markit.
1. Sep 11, 2017
2. Sep 10, 2017
Honey Bees Could Combat Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria
3. Sep 10, 2017
Apple’s Expensive OLED Handset, iPhone 8, Will Probably Ship After The LCD-Featured Models
4. Sep 08, 2017
Galaxy Note 8 Goes Through The Durability Test: A Recent Video Unveils The whole Fact
2. Sep 04, 2017
The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Could Feature The Snapdragon 836 SoC, Android 8.0 Oreo: New Leaked Screenshots Revealed
3. Sep 04, 2017
Brazil’s Environmental Policy Under The current President Michel Temer Creates Concern Among The Environmental Scientists
4. Sep 01, 2017
Apple May Bring The 6.4-inch OLED Display iPhone In 2018