Another rare brain-eating amoeba occurrence was recently reported after a child was diagnosed with primary amebic meningoencephalitis. Health officials said, he got it after swimming at a California lake.
Local authorities in the state of Texas on Saturday have already lifted the water warning against a dangerous brain-eating amoeba in its tap waters - for the entire state except for one community near Houston.
The Florida Department of Health confirmed one case of a person infected with an amoeba called Naegleria fowleri. Infection of the amoeba is said to be potentially fatal as it enters the body through the nasal passages and eats away the brain.